In This Article
Take a video capture card to connect with PlayStation 4 via a video cable ‘S.’Now, you will connect your console’s HDMI Out port to the VCC. And then connect your VCC’S HDMI In port to your gaming console. So, that’s how to connect PS4 to a laptop with HDMI. Now, the reason for connecting the PS4 to a laptop with HDMI is to screen mirror the game on your laptop screen.
Mirroring the PS4 game to the laptop can be just for fun purposes. But, it can also be because some players love a more prominent display for gaming. However, PS5 has created tremendous excitement in the PS lovers, yet the prices keep the fans somewhat calm.
The process has also been raised during the pandemic, and there are no clear answers for when they are coming down. So, at the moment, how about playing Far cry on the PS4? This is indeed the best decision right now. And, if you want to play via a laptop screen, read the detailed guide below.
You may also like: 10 Best Gaming Laptops under 200 Dollars 
1- How to connect PS4 to laptop with an HDMI port?
As we already discussed that you could connect the laptop and the PS4 to play games. You can do that via HDMI. But, we haven’t discussed the details yet. There are many straightforward ways to connect the PS4 with the app through an HDMI port and cable. These easiest ways also contain a second easy-to-follow technique to connect the gameplay with the laptop. While first one is already discussed above. And, that technique is below:
- This method is connecting the PS4 through a remote play or a streaming service.
As I said above, this is the easiest way, so check its step-wise guide below.
You may also like: Best Laptops for Sims 4 in 2022 (Expert Top Picks)
2- Connecting the PS4 to the laptop via remote play
You may or may not know that remote play is not about the remote control only. It is a streaming service that Sony has provided. And this remote play allows people to connect their gameplay (PS4) with MacBooks, Windows laptops, or PC. So, you can enjoy gaming on your favorite screen. However, note that you will need a gaming console to link the devices to get the job done. Moreover, you will need a PS4 console, a USB cable, fast internet, PC and a PS4 account.
The video guide will also help you in understanding the following steps even better.
3- How to play PS4 on laptop with HDMI port?
You may also like: 8 Best Laptops for Civil Engineering Students in 2022 (Experts Recommended)
Now, once you have all the required stuff, the steps are as follow:
- Download and install the remote play from their official site.
- Turn on the console and reach out to the settings.
- Now, from the settings, click on the Playstation network and go to the account management option.
- Enable the button ‘active as the primary PS4.’
- Go to your system update software and update the console software from there. You need 3.50 version now.
- Again, you will go to the settings section and reach out to remote play connection settings and replay it.
- While doing this, the best thing is to keep the remote control in rest, so that you can later use it in PC or Mac.
- So, one more time, go to your settings and then power safe settings option, then go to set features available in the rest mode.
- Now, click on the “enable turning it on” option.
- Earlier, we talked about downloading the remote play option. So, now you will go to its settings and adjust the resolution and the FPS according to your need. This will help you with the premium gameplay. Now, your display settings will depend on the type of graphics card you are using and how powerful it is.
- Take a USB port, and connect the PS4 controller with the desktop.
- If you want to go wireless, you can press and hold the Share and PS4 buttons together. So, when the LED on the controller starts flashing, it’s time to connect the controller to the system via a USB cable.
- You have to wait only for 4-5 seconds to get your controller paired.
- Here is the final step. You will open the remote play app on the PC or Mac. And, you have to log in with the console’s credentials. Once your console is on, you are ready to connect and play the games on PS4 to the laptop.
4- Ending Note
So, by using remote play or a capture card, you can easily connect your PS4 from laptop to PC via an HDMI port. Now, you know how to connect PS4 from laptop to PC with HDMI? And, you can now screen mirror the game easily and have fun!