In This Article
You can take a screenshot on Acer’s laptop in the following ways: by doing a screen recording, using keyboard shortcuts, and using the active window. However, the screen recording method is done by Snagit software.
How can we take screenshots on an Acer laptop?
As mentioned above, taking screenshots on Acer comes with three methods. However, you can apply the same technique to other Windows OS laptops. Let’s take a peek at how it is done?
Related Post: How To Turn On Laptop Without Power Button? 5 Best Ways
1. How to screenshot with Keyboard for Windows 10?
For Windows 10, follow the steps below. You will use keyboard shortcut keys for taking screenshots of the whole screen.
- Click on the PrtSc button on the keyboard. Pressing this button will select all the text on that page.
- There is a windows logo key on the keyboard. Click on it and then search for MS Paint. You will do this in the search bar on the lower-left corner. Now, open it once you find it.
- On MS Paint, click on Ctrl and V buttons together. And, this will paste the selected text here.
- Now, click on Ctrl and S buttons together. This will save the pasted text now.
So, this is how you do it with the keyboard keys. Now, check out the following method.
2. How to take a screenshot with active Windows on Windows 10
For keeping the windows active, click anywhere.
- Click on the PrtSc button along with the Alt button. This will copy the tab to the clipboard.
- The pasting process here is also the same. Now, click open the MS Paint. And paste the selected screenshot there. You can do it by pressing Ctrl and V together. Again, save the pasted screenshot by clicking Ctrl and S buttons together. Now, the following is another trick for taking screenshots on Acer laptops.
- Press the Windows button with the S key and Shift key together.
- Now, choose which area of the screen you want to record. And, click the mouse select button and drag. That will highlight the area you want for recording. To view your recorded screen, click on C: then go to the user’s folder. Here, go-to name pictures and screenshots. And you will find your screenshot there. So, that’s how to take a screenshot on an Acer laptop.
3. How to take a screenshot using a snipping tool?
A snipping tool is a built-in tool in windows laptops. And, this tool features screen captures and custom screenshots. Also, the program comes with various modes in itself. Let’s see how to capture screenshots on it?
- Click on the Windows key and search for the Snipping Tool. And, you will get the program.
- Now, open the program and click on the “New” option. Here, you will drag the mouse again. This is to select and copy all the parts of the screen you want. And leave the mouse button after dragging. So, this will be the selected screen recording.
- And, finally, click on the saving option in the tool, and there you go! You have successfully taken a screenshot in the Acer laptop. However, note that this method was only for Windows 10.
Now, you learned how to take a screenshot on Acer laptop for Windows 10. Let’s proceed to Windows 11 because many of you might be looking for it.
4. How to take a screenshot using the Snagit tool
Using the Snagit tool for taking screenshots is an intelligent choice. However, not everyone knows about this idea. Smagit is software that you can download in any system. Also, this software is free to download. And, you can do a 15 days trial for free. The software will allow you to edit, save and share the screenshot. So, let’s see how to take a screenshot of it?
In the tool, you will see a capture button. So, you can press it to capture the screenshot. Or, you can click on the PrtScn button to capture a screenshot. Now, once you click on one of these buttons, a crosshair appears. And, this will let you select the size of the screen to take screenshots.
So, click on the capture button, and there you go! Paste the screenshot using the Ctrl and V buttons. And, go to the pictures folder. There, you will find a subfolder for screenshots. So, press Ctrl and S together to make the screenshot there.
Or, you can click on the Save button that appears in the subfolder. So, this is one of the easiest methods for taking screenshots. And, note that this method goes for Windows 8,9 and 10 altogether. And, same is the procedure for Acer laptops and any other Windows OS laptops.
5. How to take a screenshot on Acer laptop Windows 11
Taking a screenshot on Acer’s laptop is on another level. However, this method is also straightforward and quick. So let’s see how it works?
- You have to select the screen first. And that’s because this will let you get the type of screenshots you want.
- Now, go to the screen to take the screenshot. And, click on the Windows logo and PrtScr buttons together. You will get the picture of the selected screen you want. And, before that, as said above, select the screen. So, for selecting the screen, again, drag the mouse on that particular area. Also, you have to click on the mouse button to select it.
- And, once you have dragged the mouse, leave the button. So, the part of the screen you want is selected.
- Now, it is time to paste the screenshot. You will click on Ctrl and V buttons altogether. And save the screenshot in the Screenshots folder.
- So, for saving screenshots, you can go to the files. And, go to the pictures folder. So, there you create a new folder with the name of screenshots. Now, save the screenshot there by clicking on the save button. And, that’s how easy it is!
So, that’s how to take a screenshot on Acer laptop. Now, you can capture whatever thing you want on the screen. And, you can save them, edit and send them to anyone you want!
You may also love: How To Use A Laptop As A Monitor For Ps4 – Easy Way