In This Article
Your AirPods keep cutting out because their Bluetooth and your system’s Wi-Fi use the same frequency that is 2.0GHz. So, they interfere with each other and the Wi-Fi frequency often cuts down your Bluetooth.
You may or may not know that Bluetooth works by radio waves. And, you can connect such Bluetooth devices with short-range technology like laptops, mobile phones, PC, etc. So, when you connect such Bluetooth devices with the Bluetooth supporting devices, you have to relocate them. And that is when the problem occurs. So, here is the list of reasons why AirPods keep cutting out:
Related Article: How To Charge Laptop With IPhone? (2022 Guide)
Why do my AirPods keep cutting out?
If you have connected the AirPods to the mobile, some application permission may be required to access the phone. And, if the Bluetooth does not get permission to modify the connectivity settings, there will be a weak Bluetooth connection.
So, your AirPods will automatically cut off. That’s because the weak connection or weak scanning automatically turns off the Bluetooth connection.
- If you have the latest version of your gadgets, some problems may occur connecting the Bluetooth. So, it often gets difficult to pair a new and older version together.
- If your software is outdated, then your connection will keep cutting out. So, you can update the software first and then proceed.
- If you accidentally change the system settings from the setting gear-shaped icon, you will also face this issue. So, you have to check and fix the settings and then try to see if the Bluetooth connects well.
- The cutting off can also be due to a hardware defect. This can be due to the defective AirPods or any wireless or wired headphones.
- The battery life of the AirPods is also a cause of the AirPods disconnection.
Now, their solution also depends on the type of problem they have. So, troubleshooting the root cause of the problem can be from very simple to very complex. So, let’s fix these issues.
You may also Love: Top 10 Best Laptops for Computer Science Students
How to fix AirPods that keep on disconnecting?
Before fixing the issue, we will point out the problem occurring. So, let’s discuss the most ordinary one. The most common issue is the battery of the Airpods. Because mostly, when people use AirPods, they don’t care about the battery life.
So, this is the main and the most common reason for the AirPods disconnection. Now, the best thing is that you can check the battery life of the AirPods before they lose their connection. And the below-given method is how you can do that.
- You can open the battery widget, and you can do that by tapping and holding the home screen until your tab wiggles.
- Also, you will tap on the + icon in the upper left corner to be out of the widget.
- Now, you will scroll down to see the batteries option. And now, click on it and select the “Add widgets” option.
You may also like: 10 Best Laptops For Computer Science Students In August 2022
Update the outdated firmware
Sometimes, the problem is also due to the outdated firmware. And, you can check if the firmware is updated or not.
- First of all, you will put the airports in the case connected to the iPhone already.
- Now, go to the settings, open General, then open About on the iPhone.
- Scroll down to see the connected Airpods and select them.
- You will now see the details about the AirPods on the screen. And you will also see the version of the firmware.
- Now, for updating the version, you will plug in the lightning cable in the charging case.
- Now, leave the case open closer to the iPhone and leave it for a while. That’s because you cannot force the firmware installation directly to the AirPods. So, you will now get the latest version installed.
Related Article: How To Make Your Laptop Touch Screen Without Airbar?
Automatic wear detection
Being an AirPods user, you will definitely know what the wear detection feature is. This is a cool feature that detects when you wear the Airpods, it turns on the music. And, when you take them off, it turns the music off. So, this feature is also very much responsible for this issue. Here is how you solve it.
- Go to the setting and then to blue tooth and tap on the info icon next to AirPods.
- Disable the automatic ear detection feature.
- Also, disable the automatic switching between the devices.
Now, the Airpods will do good.
Read More about: Best Laptops For Video Editing Under 500 Dollars
Check the Bluetooth settings
Bluetooth sometimes is itself responsible for disconnecting the AirPods. And for that, you can turn it off temporarily. Also, before you turn it back on, make sure to unpair the AirPods from any devices they are connected to. Now, connect the blue tooth after pairing your AirPods again.
Turn off the Wi-Fi
Now, if your AirPods disconnect on a particular device, you can troubleshoot the problem by disconnecting the Wi-Fi. So, after a while, turn on the Wi-Fi again, and see if the difference is clear. If the problem was due to the Wi-Fi you can solve it by keeping the AirPods close to the device. For long-term use, you have to keep the AirPods clean.
So, that was all on AirPods keep cutting out. And, you can follow the above given easy steps to sort out the problem at home without getting into any mess.